Would you pay $28. for a night in the Hamptons, NY?
Budget Travel for your summer!
Free Memorial Day Beach Day?
CAMPING OUT! Beaches & Helpful Hints!
Note: I took these photographs during the years 2013 and year 2004
The videos belong to other video makers and were created various years.
All “still” photography is by executive producer of YOU Information Show
For Memorial Day adventures (Plan for next year)
Hither Hills State Park videos , the ocean at Hither Hills and then the story of the Memorial Day at Hither Hills in the Hamptons, especially for seniors.
What kind of tent did you use when you went camping at the beach?
I’m showing this quick video –taking the sound off, music off, showing a very complicated tent and then I’m recommending a smaller less complicated tent, the Eureka Tetragon 9 .
A best choice, Tetragon 9
About a camping experience at Hither Hills (three or four days after Hurricane Katrina ,
Below , a discussion about it. .
Putting the tent up:
- Clear the surface. Don’t put the tent up on top of sticks or anything that will break through the tent. Sweep the area clean first.
- Try to put a tarp under the tent but it must not show on the outside. If your tarp comes out from the bottom of the tent, then if it rains, all the rain will pool into the tarp and your bottom of the tent will be wet and or muddy.
- Stuff the tent back in the bag rather than fold it. You want to put the tent back a different way each time so that it doesn’t create any wear patterns.
- Bring cable ties, to tie the tent door shut in busy camping areas (throughout the country). (Sometimes other campers, little ones, have tried to get indoors into tents where they don’t belong).
- Never leave valuables in the tent.
- Musts – always bring bottled water, allergy medicine, washcloths, wipes, small wisk broom, trash bags, cooler (doubles as a seat inside the tent), a gopher(explained later). Some good snack suggestions , raisins, puffed rice, cereal no milk, dry fruit, cookies, crackers, oranges, apples, mangos, watermelon, . That’s just a beginning. Yes, bring a first aid kit, at least the bandaids or triple anti-biotic, and ziploc bags. This is a short list. You need many more items for the real camping trip.
SLIDESHOW (Below) My Photography at Hither Hills and in Hamptons.